GEISHA STORIES PROMOTION
The following terms and conditions apply to the Unilever Kenya Limited GEISHA STORIES PROMOTION.
By participating in the Promotion you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these conditions
- Eligibility The Promotion is open to Kenyan Residents aged 15 years and above who choose to participate but will exclude the staff of Unilever Kenya Limited (henceforth “UKL”) and any other third party directly involved with this Promotion and their immediate families and dependants.
- Promotional Period The Promotion will run from1st February 2017 until midnight on 30th April 2017.
- How to Participate.
- To subscribe to the Promotion, participants will be required to register by logging in to www.geishastories.com and follow the instructions provided therein.
- Participants may enter the Promotion only once.
Use of Personal Data
- UKL shall use the information provided by the participants for all matters relating to this Promotion.
- UKL will use and be entitled to disclose the information above for the following purposes:
- Administering the Promotion.
- Marketing and research related activities.
- Fraud prevention and law enforcement.
- Such other purposes as may be provided in the terms and conditions herein and the law.
By agreeing to participate in the promotion, the participants agree that their name, picture and their details can be made public in such media as UKL may choose (including but not limited to the internet) and that they will participate in all public relations and marketing and activities relating to the Promotion without additional consideration.
All ownership and intellectual property rights on the footage and visuals taken of any participant, his/her family and surrounding onlookers is and shall at all times remain the sole property of UKL to be used as by UKL as described in clause 5 here in.
The information will be stored in accordance with Unilever’s Policies.
Disqualification and Termination
- The Promotion is offered at the sole discretion of UKL and UKL reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw/terminate the Promotion at any time. In any of these events, notice will be given via media advertisements and will be effective immediately or at such time as notified.
- UKL reserves the right to terminate any participation in the promotion with immediate effect in the following circumstances:
- Upon any detection of fraud or attempted fraud relating to the participant’s registration;
- Breach of any of these terms and conditions;
- Any other circumstances, as may be determined by UKL in its sole discretion.
- If participation in the promotion is terminated under any of the circumstances set out above any benefits related thereto will be deemed forfeited. In addition UKL reserves the right to take appropriate legal action and to recover damages and other expenses incurred in pursuing such action from the participant concerned.
- These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation by UKL and any questions or disputes regarding Participants eligibility for the promotion, the number of entries and a Participant’s compliance with these terms and conditions shall be resolved by UKL and the decisions reached thereafter shall be final.
- Although UKL has used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the Promotion are accurate, Unilever shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material.
- Unilever, its agents and sub-contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from: -
- UKL, its agents and sub-contractors will not bear the responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party arising from:-
- Matters outside the control of Unilever, its agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages, etc;
- Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, service provider software or otherwise which may result in missing characters in the promotional packs, any entry being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded.
- Any unforeseen defects in promotional materials supplied or manufactured by third parties including but not limited to tokens.
- Any acts of negligence by the Employees of Unilever or any of Unilever’s agents, associates and assigns.
- The Promotion remains subject all applicable laws.
CAUTION: THE GEISHA “SHARE YOUR STORY PROMOTION” DOES NOT REQUIRE
CONSUMERS TO SEND AIRTIME, MONEY OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IN ORDER TO
RECEIVE THE PRIZE AND UKL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR OTHER
DAMAGE INCURRED BY ANY PERSON WHO DOES NOT HEED THIS CAUTION.